Hello Madelyn!
You are sound asleep right now in your little swing. I thought I would write to you a little bit before I take a nap.
For now, I just want to tell you how much I love having you. Your dad got to stay home for 2 weeks after you were born, which was great. The three of us had the best time. Everyone talks about how stressful and exhausting the first few weeks can be with a newborn, and, yes, there were some very tiring moments, but for the most part they have been the best few weeks of our lives. You are hilarious. I knew you would be, but dang, you make me laugh all the time. You make the most amazing facial expressions I have ever seen on any baby. On any person, for that matter. You are such a great little baby. You sleep plenty. You usually sleep 4 to 5 hours at night, which is amazing for a 3 week old. You really don't cry that much. You are just perfect. Everyone thinks so, too. Your Mimi and Uncle Baxter just left a week or so ago. It was Uncle Baxter's first time meeting you, and he is officially in love. Your Mimi and Papi are equally in love. And this week, your Grammie, Grandaddy and Auntie Em are visiting, and they love you a tremendous amount. So much love for you, little one. Whenever people see you, they melt. You have no idea how many people's lives you have already touched. Friends of friends of cousins of friends see your picture and just can't believe how beautiful and sweet you look. And anyone that spends time with you thinks you are such an amazing little person. I am lucky. It's just true.
Ok. You are threatening to wake up right now so I am going to take this opportunity to fit a few minutes of sleep into my life. I love you, Butterbean (that's what your daddy and I call you at the moment. I think you're ok with it.)
I'll write more later.
Love forever,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment