Friday, March 9, 2012

Dance even when you're miserable.

Well it's been 10 months, and I still think you are amazing. I've never had a baby before so I didn't know if after a while, babies just get boring and you hate them.... But nope. I still love you more than anything. So that's cool.

You crawl everywhere. You LOVE to dance. If anyone even drops something on the ground, you think it's a sweet beat and you start dancing. My favorite is when you are upset so I start some music, and you start dancing...while crying... it's hilarious. Nothing stops you from dancing! Not even misery.

Keep that skill.

Life will suck. I'm just being real. Who knows why it has to suck. It just does a lot of the time. BUT you can beat life at it's own game if you see the shitty-ness that is upon you and find the good in it.

For example, I started working on a play about 3 years ago, and I would pick it up and work on it little by little every so often when I felt inspired. I LOVE this play. It is the first play that I have started that I feel really confident about. I think it is clever and well written and interesting. And.... I lost it. Just the other day I felt super inspired, and when I went to get the journal that I wrote the play in, it was nowhere to be found. I got so depressed. It's still eating at me, but I just keep telling myself that I just have to work that much harder to write something even better. Maybe I am supposed to lose that play so that I start a new one that is even better. If I hadn't lost it, I would have spent another few years working on a play that would never have succeeded. I'm choosing to believe that and let it inspire me to continue writing.

I'm just saying that you can let the downfalls in life keep you from persevering. Life will never be easy. Life will never be handed to you. No matter how much money you have; No matter what job you have; No matter where you live; No matter who you're with. Life will find a way to challenge you. Just don't give up, okay? Just keep fighting to be happy. It's a job in and of itself.


Also, don't trust TV.

More on that later, little butt.

For now, though, you are wailing and I need to go take care of you.


I love you so much

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment