Saturday, May 19, 2012

You are 1!

Mini Me

Mommy and Daddy

Sweet matching overalls

Food!


Well we had a fantastic little hoe-down for your birthday. So many people came to celebrate, and you entertained them all like the little charmer you are! You are extremely talkative, goofy, and not to mention sassy. Lordy, are you sassy. 

What else about you? Hmmmm.... you dance ALL the time. You talk ALL the time. You LOVE dogs. You are very stubborn and do things all in your own time. OH! You are walking (sorta...) You choose when you can and can't walk. You are very sweet and loving. You don't care much for strangers, though. Which is a good thing.  In this world, it is not good to be too suspicious and wary, but it is smart to always be aware that not everyone in this world has the best intentions. So trust your family. Trust yourself. Be kind to all, but don't be too trusting of those who you don't really know. I have seen that there are far too many desperate people on this planet who, though they may not be bad at heart, will harm anyone to get what they want or need. 

So for the downer! That is not delightful birthday talk! I just thought about that, though, and I do think it is important. I want you to be safe always! AHHH being a mother is scary business!

Anyway... back to Birthday Land. I am so ridiculously happy to have you. Before you, I thought I knew everything. I thought I knew what was important. I thought I knew what I wanted. But I was so stupid. I knew nothing until I saw your face. You make everything clearer. Thank you for a great year. I look forward to a lifetime more.

Here is some more annoying (but good) advice: Life can be serious business. You can't avoid the "to-do" lists of life, but you can put a little adventure in your life to keep things light. Accept the hard work of life because it makes you strong and makes you feel like you have earned your happiness. Make sure you take some time-outs though, even during the really busy, hectic and heinous times to enjoy being alive. That's the point of life! 

You are so young with so much happiness and adventure left in you. I wish I knew when I was a child and even when I was in college how fondly I would remember those times. I would have appreciated them more. Appreciate every happy moment in your life. It will get you through the tough ones along the way.

Ok enough of that! I love you, Little (that's what I call you... I hope that's ok :)

Love you always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment