Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Little News



Little!


You are 17 months at this moment, and you are sitting next to me on the couch in our little apartment begging me to watch you favorite show "DABBA!" or "Yo Gabba Gabba" in adult language. It is 7am here. You decided to wake up at 6, which I guess is okay. So we are just having some Mommy-Madelyn time before Daddy wakes up.

What should I catch you up on?

Well, you are speaking so very well for your age. Some of your words include: please, thank you, night   night, more, outside, kitty, dog, snack, treat, water, yo gabba gabba, shoes, socks, hot, diaper, butt-paste (it's like a diaper rash cream), cheese, keys, blocks, bye bye, hair, nose, Mimi, Papi, and of course Mama and Dada. I'm sure you know more words, but that is all I can think of right now. It's still too early for me to be thinking!

You love shoes. LOVE shoes. You love Ingrid, our kitty. You still dance on-call. It's pretty hilarious. And overall you are such a dang sweet little girl. You always say please ("peas") when you want something. You grab my hand and pull me where you want to go saying, "peas! peas!" all the way. So cute.

What else?

Mimi and Papi took you and me to our favorite beach last week. Dad couldn't go because he had to work. While we missed your dad, you had so much fun. You are finally old enough to appreciate the beach. You would constantly bring Mimi your bucket and tell her to go get you some water. You like being the boss. (I do, too :) ) We also tried Paddleboarding for the first time. Well, I did. You are still a little small, but you liked sitting on the Paddleboard while Mimi, Papi, or I let the waves crash onto you.  You are quite the beach baby. So cute.

One big piece of news I suppose I should catch you up on: You are going to have a little brother or sister soon! Mommy is 3 months pregnant. Pretty crazy stuff! I am very excited, but I am very nervous to have another baby because I don't want you, my precious Little, to feel neglected. You and I are used to spending all of our time together. We do everything together. I know that another little one will just add to the fun and love in our life, but it is still scary since we have never had two kids!

My advice for the day: Cherish your sibling. In life, you will, of course, always have your father and I and you can tell us anything, but sibling love is something special on its own. Since you will be so close in age, you guys can understand what each other is going through sometimes better than your old Mommy and Daddy. We don't always mean to be old and clueless, but sometimes we will be.

Also, since you will be the older sibling, it is your responsibility to help your younger brother or sister in life. Being an older sister is a tremendous joy. I know because I am your Uncle B's big sister. Sometimes it gets difficult because you want to be his or her friend, but you know that he or she is doing something stupid and you should probably try to prevent it. You can't be the boss of your sibling, but hopefully you guys will be so close that you will be able to talk openly and lovingly about serious, and sometimes even awkward topics.

As our family grows, you have more people to love and help you through life. So, I hope you are excited, too. You will love having a sibling. Okay... sometimes you will hate it. You will fight like angry demons, but even so, you will end up with a friend who knows you better than anyone. It's totally worth the silly fights and pestering that siblings cause sometimes.

Ok. This post is long and, I fear, boring. I'm distracted by Yo Gabba Gabba and by my own exhaustion. Oh well. I love you love you love you. You will be an amazing big sister because you are already an amazing, loving little girl.

Here are some pictures! YEAH!














Love always,
Your Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment